It can be easy to know that your home needs a repair of some kind, but it is harder to figure out exactly what you need and who you should turn to. It doesn’t matter whether the problem with your home is minor or major; structural repair companies are there to help no matter what! However, before hiring them for your repairs there are a few things you will want to know.
Read on to learn what you should expect from a structural repair company and the questions you should ask them before hiring them for your home repairs!
What Does a Structural Repair Company Do?
A structural repair company provides a variety of services to help fix problems with your home from the foundation up. They have been trained extensively in order to identify which areas need attention, and will happily provide you with a quote for their work. Many times, they’re able to complete repairs in a single day! Even minor problems, such as cracks and sagging floorboards, can quickly snowball into more costly issues if they’re not dealt with soon.
For example, if you notice a crack in your foundation it may be easy to ignore. However, what begins as a small crack can easily turn into a serious issue in the future. One of these companies will be able to immediately fix that problem in order to prevent any major issues down the road.
What Type of Repairs Will They Perform?
Small cracks, sagging floorboards, and other minor problems are no match for a structural repair company! They will often complete repairs in less than a day that include:
- Bowing or cracked chimneys
- Fallen stucco, loose brickwork, and pops in walls due to shifting foundation
- Cracked foundations and porches caused by tree roots, leaks, or natural settling
- Humidity damage
- Warped or loose floorboards
- Warped ceiling joists and bowing beams caused by excessive weight, moisture or heat
- Sagging soffits along the eaves of your home
- Damaged countertops in bathrooms and kitchens
A great place to start is with a basic conversation with a reputable company. However, you will want to make sure that they have extensive experience in your area. If not, they may cause more damage than good!
What You Need To Know Before Hiring A Structural Repair Company
Experience is key when hiring a structural repair company. They should be experienced working in your area and able to provide you with proof of licenses, insurance, and other credentials. Additionally, make sure to ask about the materials they will use before signing any contracts or allowing them access to your home.
For example, do they prefer newer construction materials (like steel and structural insulated panels) or older construction materials (like brick and cedar shake shingles)? Newer materials may be better in the long run, but if you want a more traditional look for your home they may not be the best choice.
In order to protect yourself from faulty repairs it is important to hire a reputable company with experience. This way, you can rest assured knowing that your home is in good hands!
Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Structural Repair Company
Hiring a structural repair company can be a stressful process. There are plenty of questions that you should ask them before signing any contracts or giving them access to your home. For example, find out what method they use for repairs and how long the process will take. They may also have additional services that you don’t even know about!
Some additional questions to ask include:
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of warranties do your work and materials come with?
- Do you use subcontractors to complete repairs? If so, who are they and can I meet them before giving final approval for any work done on my home?
- What is your method of repairing sagging floors and warped joists, beams, and rafters? What materials do you use in these repairs and how long will they last?
- Do you have any references that I can contact in order to see some of your completed projects before hiring you for mine?
- What steps do you take to avoid further damage after repairs are completed?
- Can you provide me with a list of materials used in my project?
- How will the work be scheduled and monitored, including heavy equipment used on the property?
- Will there be any loud noises during the day or night during construction, renovation, or repair work to my home? How long will the work take?
- How many workers will be on site at one time and how long do they plan to work each day? Can I meet them before any major work is started?
- Will my power or water be affected during this process, and for how long if so?
- Do you have liability insurance for your employees to protect me in case of an accident on my property?
- Who do I call if there is a problem with the work that has been completed?
- What if I want to change something about the project after it has started? Is this ok and how will any additional costs be handled?
How Will a Structural Repair Company Help?
A structural repair company can help you deal with problems such as cracks in the foundation or walls, water damage, and faulty wiring. Each problem is unique and requires its own set of services — and it’s important that you find a company that’s willing to help with all of your needs. For example, if your home has water damage due to a faulty roof, they may not be equipped to help. You need to find a company that will be able to handle all of your problems, like the team at Peak Structural
What to Expect From a Structural Repair Company
You should expect that the structural repair company will happily provide you with a detailed quote that outlines which areas they plan on working on, the materials used, and the time it will take for them to complete their work. Make sure to carefully read through this information before signing anything! Additionally, make sure to ask questions about the materials used to ensure that they are right for your home.
After you have signed a contract make sure to ask for an estimate of how long the project will take. They should be able to complete all structural repairs in less than 5 days, but keep in mind that some projects may need more time depending on what materials were used and how extensive the damage is.
How Much Will It Cost?
Repairs can vary in price depending on the extent of the damage done and what kind of services you need. A company will provide you with a free quote before starting, so feel free to ask them about their rates. Many companies are willing to work with your budget in order to provide the best services possible. For example, if you need roof repairs they may be able to use materials from the existing roof in order to save cost. They will also often have coupons or discounts available, so always ask before signing any contracts.
Where Can You Find One?
You can find expert structural repair companies by doing some online research or checking in with local homebuilders. Ask your family and friends for recommendations, too! It’s important when hiring a company that you choose one that has a good reputation and plenty of experience to back up their claims. Repairing your home can be stressful enough, so you’ll want to make sure that you choose the right company for the job.
Be sure to look online for reviews or testimonials before hiring them – it can often help narrow down your search and give you an idea of what to expect with both prices and services.
Ready to Get Started?
Repairs can be complicated, so it’s important to hire a skilled team from the start to ensure quality work. Don’t wait until the problem has escalated — contact us today for your free estimate!